Many beer lovers treat beer as a religion. We walk to the pub to pray to the God of hops and give confession to the bartender. But what would an actual beer religion look like? How about the commandments?
1 You shall not worship other drinks besides the mighty beer.
Oh man, this one could be a deal breaker and we are just getting started
2. You shall not abuse the name of the beer.
No problem, I got so many other things I can abuse.
3. Weekends during beer festivals are holy days.
Damn right they are holy days, we should be given time off when they happen during the week.
4. Show appreciation to the maker of beers and you shall live a long and happy life.
Yepp, and don’t forget that your closest homebrewer is your best friend.
5. Do not commit violence against your beer, except for the cap.
A broken bottle is a sad bottle I can totally live with that.
6. Love thy beer as you love thy mother.
Shouldn’t be to hard, unless you really don’t like your mother. But just exchange the last part with wife, car, computer, dog… well you get the picture
7. Do not spill your beer on the ground or thy shall taste the whip.
An exception shouldnt definitely be if it’s a horrible beer.
8. Do not commit drinking on your neigbours beer without his consent.
Unless of course if it’s a really good beer and you don’t like you neighbour.
Anybody got some good suggestions?